Friday, September 27, 2013

Snickerdoodle Blondies


From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...Fortunately, I'm not responsible for all of the food that will be served at the Super Bowl party tomorrow. Better still, the party will be held in a neighbor's home, so I don't have to worry about whipping the house into shape for guest inspection. That gave me some time to walk through the menu that had been finalized by the neighbors and I realized we would be a dessert short of what would be needed to feed everyone. Rather than sound a red alert, I decided to go ahead and make one other type of cookie for the dessert tray. The menu for the party is vaguely southwestern and I had already committed to making Mexican chocolate brownies as well as a few other dishes that you can find at the end of this post. I thought the brownies would pair perfectly with a cinnamon rich blondie that I make when I am pressed for time. It has the same texture as its chocolate cousin but it has the crackly crust of a true Snickerdoodle. I don't make the blondies often because I prefer less sweet desserts, but I've been told by those who crave sugar that they are a perfect way to end a meal. The blondies take 10 minutes to make, 30 minutes to bake and I can honestly say they are one of the easiest cookies I have ever made. If you have a sweet tooth, I think you'll really enjoy these. Here's the recipe.



Snickerdoodle Blondies...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite courtesy of Dozen Flours



Ingredients:


2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour


2 teaspoons baking powder


1 teaspoon cinnamon


1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg


1 teaspoon Kosher salt


2 cups packed brown sugar


1 cup butter, at room temperature


2 eggs, at room temperature


1 tablespoon vanilla extract


2 tablespoons granulated sugar


2 teaspoons cinnamon



Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.


2) Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and set aside.


3) In large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.


4) Stir in flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan using a greased spatula.


5) Combine white sugar and cinnamon in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over top of batter.


6) Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool slightly. While still warm, cut into squares with a sharp knife. Yield: 20 to 24 squares.



Crock-Pot Pork Posole



Mexican Skillet Cornbread



Mexican Chocolate Brownies





No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy