Saturday, September 28, 2013

Poulet au Vinaigre de Romarin


What's in a name? Sometimes quite a lot. There's not much appealing about a dish called Vinegar Chicken, but here's the thing. When properly cooked it can be delicious, and since this chicken is as interesting as it is delicious, I Frenchified the name to keep you on the page. I hope my ruse works and you'll give this recipe a try. The Silver Fox, at whose suggestion I'm sharing the recipe, is a tad unhappy right now. It's still quite early here, and in order to capture the vagaries of light in the Pacific Northwest, I decided to make and photograph the chicken early on. There has been some grousing. It seems my guy doesn't "love the smell of napalm vinegar in the morning". He's having his coffee on the deck despite steaming hoar frost and the morning chill. I'll just have to carry on. I like this recipe on many levels. It is, first and foremost, easy and inexpensive to make. It can be on the table in well under an hour, and if served with the proper side dishes, it makes a great entr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy