Friday, September 27, 2013

Old-World Christmas Cookie Round-Up


From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...Working on the theory that it's better to be a week or two early, than a day too late, I wanted to post these old-world Christmas cookies while you still have time to consider them. I don't make all these cookies every year, but three or four types will make it to the cookie platter before the holiday arrives. I vary my choices from year to year and the only constant among them is rosettes. They tell a tale, but I'll save that for a date closer to Christmas. If you like to include some old-world trappings with your modern Christmas, I hope you give one or two of these cookies a try. They are all delicious. Here are the recipes.




Pan de Polvo (Mexican Wedding Cakes)



Bittersweet Chocolate Snowballs



Moravian Spice Cookies



Florentine Lace Cookies



Pfeffernusse



Rosettes



Lebkuchen Bars



Speculaas



Linzer Cookies



Swedish Ginger Crackles



No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy